1. What’s the problem? Mentoring is too one-way, as it currently rolls out. Older mentors dictate flawed practices to upstarts even when upstarts have far more valued skills to teach. Mentoring hurts entire organizations when it keeps poor practices alive, and blocks leadership opportunities for enthusiastic young experts in any field.
2. Who’s disadvantaged? Everybody suffers when mentoring keeps tired traditions alive on one hand, and stifles innovative progress, on the other.
3. What is a top solution? Mindguiding or mutual mentoring is a playful pathway to unique solutions. In this game, people pair off to teach valuable new perspectives to another person in fun ways – on a shared topic. There are 10 topics listed in the game (with fresh ideas on each): 1. Intelligence; 2. Skill; 3. Technology; 4. Innovation; 5. Social Justice; 6. Finances; 7. Trust; 8. Play; 9. Stress; 10. Leadership
4. Why will players care? Participants will see fun in the game because they get to draw from their own interests and develop abilities. They will also gain value for their lives personally and professionally from their own and their opponent’s innovative solutions.
5. What game will address the problems? The game will be titled: Mindguide Your Way Out. It will include players making choices for one agreed upon topic. Each player will respond to 5 key areas faster than their opponents. Each of the 5 questions addressed gets a point value – based on the player’s use of all terms provided and on the value of stated suggestions.
6. Who will play the game? People who like to solve key problems playfully and those who hope to gain innovative solutions in the form of useful tools.
7. Any advantages for winners? Winners will learn from novel ideas that differ, and will use personal talents to lead others in innovative ideas.
8. Any advantages for losers? Losers will see innovative solutions that can be accessed in future, and will gain practice in shaping their own best ideas.
9. Why will players return? The game holds endless winning options that are fun to toss around and use to outfox opponents on ten key topics.
10. How this game work best online? You will need an online guru to help you move the ideas into digital buttons, triggers and bells. Players will each answer the following 5 questions (See a through e below) – using 5 words assigned for each response (or solution) and stated in life-changing sentences.
First choose one topic – together with your opponents – from the following ten: 1. Intelligence; 2. Skill; 3. Technology; 4. Innovation; 5. Social Justice; 6. Finances; 7. Trust; 8. Play; 9. Stress; 10. Leadership
a. What’s your most helpful experience on the chosen topic – in ways that use all five words to describe: inspire, mistake, progress, innovation, improvement.
b. What’s unique about your perspective? Share the best angles using all five words to explain: advantage, benefit, gain, promote, foster.
c. How could your views spark sustainable growth for others? Share distinctives for others using all five words to illustrate: sustainability; growth; encourage; support; reward.
d. What challenge could your insights address positively? Suggest one key your suggestion would resolve using the words: solution; profitable; opportunity; change; wellbeing.
e. What is your best idea forward to sustain ongoing and innovative growth? Share your concluding idea using the words: proven; advance; develop; initiate; ensure.