Stress sometimes seems like the new normal to people who face its fury on a daily basis. Increasingly, anxious university students compete for grades that appear unfairly assigned. Massive student loans force them to race for ill-fitted jobs that disappear like snow on a warm spring afternoon. And it’s not just learners who face an onslaught of tension’s wrath. In fact it’s been said people add daily to their own stress.
Faculty too struggle against killer tone toxins in broken systems that hurl deadly strikes when least expected. Demands increase while securities and safety nets that once came with tenure, fall away with the shrinking public purse.
Stress kills …
Innovative opportunities spiral into lost prospects, as seen recently in one young leader’s suicide.
Increased sickness spikes at alarming numbers, for those who lack serotonin strategies that win against its attacks.
Harvard researchers show stress as gaining ground for increasing numbers of individuals and organizations. Depression increases as a result.
Health and relationships suffer most from stress. For some who looked to home as a haven to unwind – stress holds an especially harmful grip. Research shows that a partner’s toxic personality drags deadly challenges into your health. Stressors that can even stunt recovery after illness.
Your ability to spot good plummets with the cortisol chemicals’ effects from stress. While you’ll be typically hit with about 22 stressors on any ordinary day, it takes an awareness of stress to use serotonin strategies for well being in response to daily stress strikes.
Sleep problems increase for those who fail to run from stress – just as you’d dash away from any serial killer. It often starts with an inability to remain calm under pressure. Reasons for sleeplessness differ, yet stressed people report remarkable similarities to sleepless nights.
Since stress has recently been proven to lock its prey into its rigid ruts just this side of adventure, it’s well worth deliberately stepping out to reach another side. You’ll enjoy this recent study to show how the brain builds natural chemicals for well being in a powerful placebo effect.
10 Brainpowered Pathways Away from Stress:
- Laugh – yes, especially when the chips are down, and you’ll build neuron pathways in directions away from stress.
- Golf as a way to relax in nature’s best– even as you capitalize on improving your swing with each new shot.
- Embrace a novel adventure, a playful distraction to rejuvenate your brain from ruts that imprison you in stress.
- Risk replacing one idol that holds you back – with an innovative alternative that could sprint you forward.
- Encourage another brainy bloke, rather than find flaws or name faults as stressed-out critics tend to nitpick.
- Recognize and flee from 10 tragic toxins in minds of bullies and cynics.
- Ask two-footed questions that shut off stressor spigots, and open your day into what if … possibilities.
- Act on even just one life-changing brainpowered dream. Then inspire others by using the tone to create across differences.
- Check out the wonders and woes of change – then flee from any fear that stunts new growth.
- Rewire your brain to act courageously by choosing ethics – even when good seems to lose against the odds.