Curious about your Survey for a Toxic or Well Workplace score? If your workplace scored 20 correct responses it’s exceptionally well where you work. Congratulations!
If, on the other hand, you scored under 20, why not toss one brain based solution into action monthly until wellness defines your workplace.
For a perfect wellness score, you’d have answered Yes √ or No √ as follows:
1. Is boredom more a reality at your work than passion for daily targets? No √
2. Does your workplace setting inspire staff to transform problems into solutions? Yes √
3. Would well-being describe the daily state of most workers in your organization? Yes √
4. Does anger, fear, or frustration fuel bullying among fellow workers? No √
5. Would venting be heard in your staff’s lunch room much of the time? No √
6. Do people try new projects and learn skills on a regular basis where you work? Yes √
7. Does music lift moods and increase productivity where you work? Yes √
8. Do your managers and leaders talk more and engage or listen less? No √
9. Does the old guard kill incentives and adhere to tired traditions? No √
10. Is diversity training a poor solution for the lack of acceptance or equity? No √
11. Do fellow workers come to work rested and ready and roll daily? Yes √
12. Does professional development increase workplace skills on a regular basis? Yes √
13. Do ruts or routines define most activity with few chances for change? No √
14. Are some workers celebrated more for their intelligence than others? No √
15. Do cynical mindsets block creativity, impact talent, or stomp out innovation? No √
16. Would focus be a typical characteristic when new challenges appear? Yes √
17. Would most consider themselves vibrant and smarter because of success? Yes √
18. Does frequent encouragement lead to novel opportunities for growth? Yes √
19. Are relationships tense or trust lacking as people don’t say what they mean? No √
20. Do people integrate hard and soft skills to solve problems where you work? Yes √
21. Does stress appear often or tone act more as silent killer than caring staff? No √
22. Do workers often speak others name in thoughtful and generous ways? Yes √
23. Do leaders inspire creativity and invention through teaching others? Yes √
24. Do workers and leaders look at problems with solutions in mind at work? Yes √
25. Are women and men’s brains valued intellectually in ways that optimize talents? Yes √
How many of these brain related issues point to a toxic workplace? How many point to healthy situations where you work? Stay tuned over the next few days for a pool of brain based strategies that can transform toxins into tonics in your organization.
Could it happen where you work?