Magical benefits spring from holiday themed lessons where students build mental skills based on their treasured traditions.
Looking for a way to unleash your students’ hidden and unused talents while keeping holiday spirits bright?
You may remember namungos as fictional characters – with real brain parts! But did you know they offer benefits to magical minded people? I’m referring to people who enjoy play and holiday fun, gather like-minded learners together, and facilitate people cherished traditions.
Brain Based Benefits for Holiday Minded Learners
6 surefire ways namungos bring brain benefits during a holiday season:
1. Bas stores helpful habits and precious memories that traditions build – such as preferring others. Each good habit such as an act of generosity stored, becomes the learning practice easily retrieved in holiday themed lessons that build on students’ past.
With inclusive opportunities students can bypass their brain’s pack-rat basal ganglia which also warehouses ruts and broken past holiday experiences like squirrels stockpile nuts in winter. Brain based holiday themed lessons enable good learning habits to open doors into new ventures that will exchange tired basal ganglia routines faster and run with playful holiday fun for successful results.
2. Sero fuels laughter at silly sidesteps that can sometimes slow our way on a day so that confidence is built along with expectation to do better in the next run through. Sero can be raised in several observable ways that help learners to cultivate wellbeing and foster growth through seasonal opportunities to give and receive as part of the learning process.
By now – you likely know that serotonin – the brain’s wellbeing chemical – packs new zest when we laugh at our own mistakes, while supporting others’ progress. Get others laughing too and serotonin sends its magic across an entire room.
3. Disrupt a less effective experiences or memories with new replacements learned and watch Plas change your brain for more effectiveness. Ask, What if…? jump into the holiday fun, and then act on new approaches learned.
Your plasticity (the brain’s ability to change itself) reshapes after each holiday related action you risk and do. You grow more brainpower with each innovative lesson. Literally!
4. Jot down cool tips learned. Add hints to show how you’ll continue the fun later when the holiday season ends. Do note that you’ll likely forget even the best ideas learned, if not applied, because your working memory acts like a computer’s copy-paste file. How so?
When new facts fly in from the next idea encountered, your brain’s thimble sized capacity for new facts gets displaced. Outsource your memory by creating cheat sheets of tactics you will try and then be sure to act.
5. Run from vents and people who sprout them. Instead offer a proposal and help to improve anything you dislike. What do vents trigger?
Cortisol – the brain’s toxic stress chemical – packs a sucker punch to all when we vent, rage, gloat, or nay-say. Get yourself and others proposing mental make-overs wherever you spot snags and those flawed moves will fade as cortisol decreases.
6. Ramp up emotional IQ in learning sessions. Some call it taming your amygdala which is the brain’s seat of emotions. Why not settle for an untamed amygdala?
Your amygdala stores every shout out you make for a peer, every thanks you offer a fellow participant, every smile you flash to a peer or mentor! A tamed amygdala sets the stage for life-changing takeaways from your holiday season to use later.
Ready to rock more brainpower from your next holiday themed lesson or game?
Will you become one of the few who takeaway more and contribute more? If so, expect to rock electrifying opportunities that may well remain hidden and unseen to many peers.
Why not highlight your mental achievements with a game or lesson that carry the best of your holiday experiences into the best outcomes your brain offers! How so?
Check out this brief namungo video to see mental assets namungos could bring to transform your next holiday-related interactions?
What will you do today to awaken holiday magic in minds as a way to lead fun packed innovations?