Take advantage of recent neuro-discoveries and that illusive growth you’re looking for tends to follow far faster. Have you seen it happen?
Think of plasticity as the brains ability to change itself, based on what we do. Think of chemicals such as dopamine as the risk-taking adrenalin that moves us to act on what will change our brain and our life. Think of oxytocin as the chemical that tosses intimacy into our lives and enables us to respond in kind.
Try a few of these brainpower-tools create new landscapes -from mental resources immune to recession:
- With a little help from you – an amygdala offers calm under pressure, even when old socks buck change or when few folks tend to support your efforts. Ever see an amygdala overheat on the other hand?
- Tucked away in your basal ganglia find lifelong memories and skills that transform change into excellence. Lean into basal ganglia storehouses too often though, and you’ll trip into outmoded traps.
- Pay attention to brain wave activity and circuitry which can be altered and upgraded to benefit your work with influences such as music in the background. Sluggish brains, on the other hand, create toxins or add to depression at work.
- Move multiple intelligences up a notch and watch others leap on board with hidden and unused talents that add value to any project. Otherwise you risk empowering the cynic to exclude top talents. Have you seen it happen?
- Create spaces for serotonin to flow at work and you will also plug the leaks that allow in cortisol to poison results with amazing frequency.
- Expect new neuron pathways to dynamic solutions and you also prevent the boredom that shuts down innovation or invention in any workplace.
- Take advantage of working memory and watch workers take informed risks to move beyond conflicts into creation and productivity – rather than lock your firm into tough times.
- Inspire discouraged workers who stay stuck in myths with miracles that come with a few brain facts tossed into the ring to rejuvenate an ordinary day at work.
Just a few suggestions for neuro-discoveries that add growth and prosperity or contribute toxins to stagnant workplaces. All are based on the chemical and electrical circuitry of your brain, and you choose daily how to remap that for benefit or bust!
Which is it at your workplace?
See Related Sites: