Just as top gymnasts bend without breaking, flexible brains adapt with unbelievably pliable approaches.
Did you know –
- Human brains come equipped with flexibility, or plasticity, that takes exercise to sustain?
- Plasticity, or mental elasticity has less to do with age and far more to do with choices?
- People are more susceptible to ruts than most realize, because of basal ganglia defaults?
- Working memory is the brain’s center stage for flexible behavior?
- Flexible brains tend to withstand stress with less mental strain?
- Resilient minds respond better to change and benefit more from improvements?
- The brain rewires itself in response to one’s world and its own electrical activity?
- Natural chemical activity works for or against mental flexibility?
What has flexibility added to your temperment or mental capability?