Sometimes called the molecule of wellbeing, serotonin is far more to staunch users. For individuals or teams, serotonin chemicals add focus, support high stakes solutions, and can transform stress into success.
I first discovered serotonin as wind in my sails at 14 when left homeless, alone and in dire need of a miracle.
Choose Serotonin …
- On the golf course for finer hits to the green.
- In relationships for more allies.
- When sleeping for better rest.
- Across diverse groups to attract better understanding.
- At work for innovative solutions fueled to win.
- When stressors strike to build calm for confident choices.
Serotonin as Drug to Win
Recent research shows serotonin’s wellbeing or cortisol‘s dangers as more of a choice than once thought.
We each come with mixed levels. For instance several events over any day can raise wellbeing (as illustrated in this article) or can tank natural serotonin chemicals. While you cannot control what comes after you here – you can control daily choices for serotonin wellbeing.
Lesser known, however, is the fact that serotonin and other natural drugs literally fuel choice. Will you smile or sneer? Calm is far less dependent on daily events that go well, and stress does not remain simply because the chips are down. That’s likely not surprising if you observe life’s abundance in people who laugh, care, give or lead well, in spite of tough times. They learn to access serotonin in good and bad times.
Power Punches from Serotonin:
1. People possess naturally about 5 to 10 mg of the chemical.
2. Serotonin is 90% within your intestines.
3. The hormone’s additional 10% surges through the blood and brain.
4. Its neurotransmitter roles regulates:
5. Increase serotonin through foods such as milk, plums, pineapples, turkey, and bananas, as they add amino acid called tryptophan for manufacturing natural serotonin.
6. Neurons in the brain release serotonin, and the levels of release impact many behaviors.
7. Low serotonin levels can cause anxiety, fear, self-pity, insomnia, stress, and depression.
8. Certain drugs, such as Prozac, and even LSD will mimic serotonin in the brain.
Serotonin Sports Enormous Benefits
Brainpower can increase for those who raise their serotonin levels in natural ways, and without drugs – simply by choosing to do so. Can you see why serotonin is deemed the brain’s miracle drug? You’ll enjoy this recent study to show how the brain builds natural chemicals for well being in a powerful placebo effect.
There’s more good news yet. Each time you choose to raise your serotonin levels, you literally rewire your brain’s plasticity to cultivate more brain benefits on a regular basis. Sound like a winning deal? If so, how will you raise your own and other’s serotonin today?
Mita Breakthrough Steps to Personal and Team Rejuvenation
How can serotonin shift you past ruts that block opportunities?
1. Question moods and run with beliefs that move you forward.
Ask: How can serotonin ignite courageous and life-changing choices?
2. Target improved approaches by engaging new brain parts
For instance, you may learn to snip your amygdala before you snipe back.
Ask: How can serotonin shift from problems into visible solutions?
3. Expect quality outcomes by identifying quality criteria.
For example, list key criteria that describe desired outcome.
Ask: How do staunch serotonin drug users clarify finer choices?
4. Move intelligences into actions that you see daily.
Progress is not automatic but the brain can add umph to action, much like the Irish blessing for, sun on your shoulders and wind in your sails.
Ask: How does serotonin help turn multiple intelligences into talents for change?
5. Reflect daily to risk necessary changes for ongoing success. It’s much like the colorful wind-catcher Robyn gave me. Colors harmonize with wind.
Ask: How could Churchill’s notion of kites rising higher against -not with wind, transform your next What if … question?