21 Comments

1. Fred Campos says:

Ellen,

very funny and good point. Hopefully Twitter can give an inside look into the lives of others. Be it useful, entertaining, intriging, educational, or just plan funny.

It can be the new form a people watching. Of which I do like following you!

Fred7man

Fred Camposs last blog post..11/18/08: My Daughter’s 4th Grade Alamo Project

2. eweber says:

Thanks, Fred, you make a great case for the kinds of community members that differ, are similar and can build something great together! How can Twitter make more of that happen, as you see it?

3. Conrad says:

OK, so Hitler screwed up, but I’m determined to do better with Twitter. So far, I’m behind Hitler’s learning curve…

You did this. It’s your fault!

4. eweber says:

LOL Conrad, you offer so much – there is so much to learn, about people and communities and exchanges that grow ideas for all of us. Thanks for being on the front lines with many of us to explore what works well as social networking grows its best shapes. That makes us all richer:-)

5. Wally Bock says:

What fine, helpful post, Ellen. Those points would apply to most blog posts and comment, not just Twitter. The post is far too good to be allowed to slip slowing away into the archives. Have you considered expanding on each of the points and turning this into a promotional article?

6. eweber says:

Wally – what a great idea. Had not thought to do that but may consider:-)

At the moment I am trying to eke out small bits of writing time to edit a novel I wrote a few years ago, and that folks encouraged me to finalize. By – as a lifetime student of change, brains, learning and leading — I find your suggestion intriguing. Thanks for the breath of fresh air:-)

7. Brad Shorr says:

Hi Ellen, Great idea for a post. Even when limited to 140 characters, I often wonder what in the world to Tweet about. Your suggestions help a lot!

Brad Shorrs last blog post..Announcing! Cell Phone Contest Prizes

8. eweber says:

Brad, your messages tend to do so many of these approaches – and often come packed with a delightful punch into new ideas! Thanks.

Do you find the limit to 140 characters helps us to say it smarter and without wasted words:-)? Not a bad idea for those of us who love to write and choose to grow as writers:-). Thanks for stopping by!

9. rummuser says:

Ellen, sadly enough, I just cannot whip up enough enthusiasm for twitter. I do not think that I am missing anything by not twittering. I have enough grief with my emails and group mails plus the Instant Messaging and SMS menaces without taking on one more invasion of my privacy. I really have better things to do.

rummusers last blog post..What Have I been doing?

10. eweber says:

Know what you are say here Ramana, as I am on a trial run to see if Twitter is what they say it is – for a busy person, on a busy day! The jury is still out – yet I’ve been delightfully surprised already. Have a good one.

11. Conrad says:

Ellen,

I’ve decided to go ahead and start my own blog. If you think there are people not following me now, you just wait!

12. eweber says:

Oh cool, what an exciting move Conrad. The dynamite part is that people who are thoughtful and interested in the same topics really do create a community in ways that expand all of our lives. My own day is far too busy for a blog! Yet I cannot imagine the day without one. Thanks for being part of this community — and I’ll so look forward to being part of yours! Have a title yet?

13. Conrad says:

Reflections From the Bay: Depth Varies

14. eweber says:

Great title Conrad – can I suggest that you add one word that will catch the search engines more. Noticed my title Brain Leaders and Learners – so that I catch readers who enjoy and search out learning, brains, leading, curiosity, and so on. Just a thought:-) Best!

15. Conrad says:

Hmmm… This is a little long, but how about:

Thought Sailing the San Francisco Bay

Sailing and San Francisco come up big on Google searches.

16. Why thank you for linking me in this post. :) Much appreciated!

17. Conrad says:

Ellen, you’ll love this one. I Twittered yesterday about the Bushmeat shortage from the SF Zoo. Bushmeat is the amount of wild game available to predators. I thought it would be funny to say that the media is also bemoaning the shortage of Bushmeat now. Well, that tweet led to SF Zoo following me on Twitter as of 10 minutes ago.

Conrads last blog post..Mom Lets the Investment Bankers Have It!!

18. Ellen Weber says:

This makes my day!! Thanks for sharing it Conrad! Bravo!

Ellen Webers last blog post..Question Research to Create Cutting Edge Tools

19. eweber says:

Thanks so much for sharing this Conrad! Bravo!

20. […] Brain Leaders and Learners blog gives a great rundown of things you can do to increase your followership AKA don’t just tell us what you had for […]

Rss Feed Tweeter button Facebook button Technorati button Reddit button Myspace button Linkedin button Webonews button Delicious button Digg button Flickr button Stumbleupon button Newsvine button Youtube button